Saving Money on Olive Oil

Category Helpful Hints
This delicious oil can be expensive. There are ways you can save on the cost and still enjoy the wonderful flavor. This is a guide about saving money on olive oil.

Virgin olive oil is so expensive, however it does provide an extra olive taste, which is so nice in certain recipes. Being on a budget and not wanting to sacrifice taste, I have mixed 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil to 2/3 cup Canola oil. It tastes great, and is much more economical. I recently read that using olive oil all the time, isn't as good for you as a variety of heart healthy oils. I was pleased to know I was already doing that.

Great idea, Bobbie! Canola and olive oil are both good for you and mixing the two helps drop the cost a lot from using just straight olive oil.