Corn Cob Jelly

Cover 12 ears of cobbed corn in large pot, just to cover the corn. Boil 10 minutes. Use 3 cups of the liquid and strain through a cheesecloth into a smaller pot. Add 3 Tbsp. lemon juice and boil again. Measure 4 cups sugar and pour in all at once. Boil again. Add 1 box Surejell liquid pectin while stirring. Remove and add yellow food coloring to make a butter cup color. Skim off any foam as needed. Pour into warm, sterilized jars, removing any last foam. Water bath for 5 minutes.

Source: My mom made this as long as I can remember. You can also google some recipes and see if there is one you might like better.

By Sandra from Salem, OR

Thank you! This looks nice and interesting. What do you use it on Sandra?

Wow. Does this bring back memories. My mother used to make this when I was a child.

It's great on bisquits and cornbread. I thought it was one of those old southern recipes that someone in my family cooked up (pardon the pun). But, I googled it once, and it's an old Native American recipe and has been around for about as long as corn!

Food and Recipes Recipes Condiments Jam & JellyAugust 8, 2008
Grilling Corn on the Cob
Grilling Corn on the Cob
Corn on the Cob with Lots of Butter
Buttering Corn On the Cob
Removing Corn From the Cob
Removing Corn From the Cob
Corn cooked in the microwave.
Cooking Corn on the Cob in a Microwave