Put the Keys with the Leftovers

When packing holiday leftovers to send home with guests, put their car keys in the fridge with the leftovers. They will think you are nuts, but they won't get any farther than the car door without their keys - and the leftovers!

By Linda

That is the greatest and simplest idea. I am going to use that from now on. Thank you!

Fantastic idea!!!

I've also done this when I've called up to visit my parents right after shopping, and wanted to put some chilled purchases in their fridge while I talk to them.

I was a bit worried about actually putting the keys in the fridge, in case they wouldn't work if they got too cold, but you can put them anywhere, e.g. on a shelf in the kitchen, as the fact of having to retrieve them will remind you of the food in the fridge.

I used to do this when I took my lunch to work. I'd put my keys on top of my lunch container on the top shelf of the fridge. I never forgot my lunch.

Great idea, just don't put your keys in the freezer. I put frozen food and my keys in my friends freezer so I wouldn't forget my food but when I went to start my car, the key wouldn't work. The alarm kept going off. I checked in my car handbook and the hand book says "Do not get key wet".

Keys hanging on a row of hooks.
Remembering Your Keys
Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversNovember 1, 2004
Various keys hanging from hooks.
Organizing Keys
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys
Keys on Keyring
Keeping Track of Your Keys
Man Looking Keys Locked in Car
Solutions for Keys Locked in Car