Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Cover Your Paint Roller With Saran Wrap

3EmailPrintFollowSave

Save your paint rollers after painting a room. Wrap up you roller with paint already on it in Saran Wrap or a plastic grocery bag. Wrap it up tight. The next day, resume your painting without replacing another roller. Saves lots of time and money.

By Kerry from Flat Rock, MI

By Kathy 3 46 09/02/2008 Flag

I have taken my paint roller and roller cover and put all of it in a plastic baggy and put it in the refrigerator. It's amazing how well this works especially if I am going to use it again within the week. It keeps it moist and keeps it from drying up.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Melanie Jackson 1 373 09/02/2008 Flag

We've been putting our rollers in plastic grocery bags, but your idea of plastic wrap sounds much neater. We'll have to try it!

As for putting the rollers in your fridge--please, don't! Paint is not meant to be stored near food!! Your rollers will stay just as moist in the garage, wrapped in plastic...and you won't have the stench or the health risk.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Myrna 16 1,082 09/02/2008 Flag

The plastic wrapper works well on paint "brushes" too.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By jojo (Guest Post) 09/03/2008 Flag

I've done this often, saves a lot of cleaning between coats. I also put smaller paintbrushes inside small plastic sandwich bags and seal just below the handle with a rubber/elastic band until the next coat.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Allison 460 09/03/2008 Flag

great idea. just remember not to leave it too long -- overnight is ideal, but longer than that and it will get yucky!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By LARRY C (Guest Post) 10/24/2008 Flag

I put my paint brushes in the freezer, and remove them about a half an hour before using them. It works well and good for both paint and varnishes etc.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By LARRY C (Guest Post) 10/24/2008 Flag

I put my paint brushes in the freezer, and remove them about a half an hour before using them. It works well and good for both paint and varnishes, etc.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By cassie wadley 6 18 02/06/2014 Flag

I've been covering my painting tray in store plastic bags, two, one put on in each direction, and additionally wrapping the roller in one as well. I put wet paint brushes in a Ziploc baggy with the air expelled, just sealed every where except where the paint brush handle sticks out. But recently I learned about doing the same zip baggy enclosure for brushes with polyurethane on them, and then putting into the freezer. It won't keep it forever, but 2-5 days, time to pick up and recoat the next day.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Post a Comment