Using Aluminum Foil and Plastic Wrap Correctly

If you (like I) get frustrated when you try to pull out a sheet of aluminum foil, plastic wrap, or waxed paper and the roll goes flying out causing you to have to "re-roll" the stuff, check this out.

Some (but not all) of these packages actually have little 'punch in' tabs on the ends that will hold the rolls in place! All these years and I never knew that!

I noticed one of mine didn't have that option, so I used my steak knife and cut a 3 sided box shape. Leave one side uncut to allow you to push the square into the box to hold the roll. It worked!

Source: My daughter noticed it~

3 More Solutions

Check the ends of your aluminum foil boxes for a handy little circle or triangle. If you punch it in it will hold the roll in the box and prevent it from popping out when you rip off a piece. I never noticed it before and had to check it out. Sure enough it's there!

Did you ever notice that aluminum foil is shinier on one side than it is on the other? When cooking with foil, be sure to wrap or cover the item dull side out.

How often are we frustrated when the roll of foil or plastic wrap pops out of the box when we are using it causing much frustration and waste of the product and time?

Consumer Advice General AdviceJuly 1, 2014
🐛
🌻
🐰
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-Aluminum-Foil-and-Plastic-Wrap-Correctly.html