Tiny Orange Biting Bugs Near Pool

While watching my son in the pool, these tiny orange biting bugs were all over my white tank top and then I noticed they were all over the white poles around the pool! When I looked on my skin for what was biting me, I couldn't see them, that's how tiny they are! I looked up the "no see ums" and the thrips, and it doesn't look anything like them, they are much smaller, almost microscopic! How can I get rid of them? Please help me.

By Libby

tiny orange bugs on white pole
Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

They have a name but it is hard to pronounce, Ceratopogonidae and they are a pest that is in large numbers because of all the wet weather. They are some small but they bite and we feel it! http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/ne ... 4/april-showers-bring-tiny-bitin.asp

I am going to try the new Cutter Eucalyptus Repellent. Here is their link for more products they have.

http://www.cutterinsectrepellents.com/

Skin so Soft from Avon may repel them too, I guess you put it on your skin when you go outside.

Here is an article discussing which vitamins and other ways to repel no seems. Also to note that B6 sometimes causes reactions of behavior in special needs kids, just a note from my experience, but B12 is great. Also sugar in the blood attracts mosquitoes, sad but true, if you are going outside, don't make yourself sweeter then you have to be around bugs.

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/insect_bite.html

Good luck, and I know how you feel!

Robyn

I hate these bugs, in Memphis they were orange, here in Kansas I see more black ones, could not be in the pool at all today from being attacked from them the baby had so many on his cloth floatie, I got some pictures of them when we got out, this is zoomed in alot.

Does anyone know what these are? They are about the size of half a gnat and bite like crazy but don't leave a mark. No one else in my family gets bit by them. I have tried bug spray and skin so soft nothing helps.

Normally the kids I and I are outside from morning till night but I have no interest in going outside now these things are driving me crazy.

They are not in the house but I noticed them on my porch window so I used a piece of tape to get a picture.

Answer

Tiny Orange Bug
Getting Rid of Tiny Orange Biting Bugs
Home and Garden Pest Control BugsJune 24, 2011
Smashed bugs on front of car
Cleaning Love Bugs from Cars
Itching from a bug bite.
Identifying Little Black Biting Bugs
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Identifying Little Biting Bugs
Identifying Little Biting Bugs
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 20, 2016 at 7:29:22 AM on 10.0.1.206 in 653 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.