Vegetables that Freeze Well

I am looking to plant my garden very soon and would like to grow veggies that I can freeze for the winter. What type freezes well?

Thank you!

Mindy from Redmond, Oregon

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I have froze chopped onions and chopped green peppers; peas, beans, carrots and corn freeze very well. I freeze tomatoes although the texture changes and I only use them for soup and chili. I freeze zucchini as well, but only to use in zucchini bread because zucchini gets very mushy when frozen. I have also froze herbs in water in an ice cube tray, then pop them into a freezer container, and I use them in soup and chili.

I freeze green peppers (whole-cut off top and remove seeds and chopped) onions (chopped) okra and raspberries/blackberries/blueberries(freeze on cookie sheet and then place in a butter tup or similar container to avoid sticking together) tomatoes (blanche, remove skins and seeds and seal in ziplock bags-freeze flat for easy stacking) broccoli and asparagus (blanche and freeze) zucchini and squash (I saute with onions and garlic for use in tomato sauces) corn (boil and slice from cob) I also dry cayane peppers and then grind for pepper flakes

Answer

Food and Recipes FreezingMay 7, 2006
Mashed potatoes with vegetables.
Vegetable Mashed Potato Recipes
Veggie seeds.
Growing Vegetables from Seeds
Jar of pickled tomatoes.
How to Pickle Vegetables
Dried Carrots
Drying Vegetables
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 30, 2016 at 12:14:19 PM on 10.0.1.167 in 294 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.