Removing Well Water Build Up From Hair

Does anyone know how to get well water build up out of hair?

Sandy from Maryland

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

After shampooing, do not use conditioner. Instead, rinse your hair with regular white vinegar. Don't worry, after your hair dries, it won't smell of the vinegar. It may take a day or two of washing your hair then rinsing with the vinegar, but the well water WILL come out. My Grandma used this on all of us when we visited her in central Missouri many MANY years ago. It will work wonders!

Malibu 2000 makes a well water shampoo, vinegar did not work for me. Nothing worked until I found this product, it is wonderful. I have my hair back!!!!!

Not sure about well water build up but I know to remove hair sprayand shampoo build up I have used vinegar and baking soda. I have dark hair and it makes my hair shine. Thanks for reminding me it is time for another treatment. Maybe this will work for you. Ann

I found something that really works. Add either two teaspoons of vitamin c crystals or 2 large (I used 1000 mg) vitamin c caplets to a handful of clarifying shampoo. After the two are mixed apply to wet hair, put on a shower cap and blow dry underneath the cap. Leave this on your hair for about 15 - 20 min. Rinse, condition and style as usual. My hair went from orange back to light blond after just one application.

For severe red-rust build up in your hair. There is a Malibu Crystal Gel treat specifically for well water.

And I spent a ton of money to finally find this remarkable product. You can get it done a SMARTSTYLE salons in Walmart stores for about 10 bucks. Make sure to specifiy well water crystal gel treatments. The gel is applied on your hair and with a cap you sit under the dryer for 20- 45 minutes.

It is a must do before you color your hair if you have well water. You can do this once per month.

This is the ultimate fix, better than Malbu 2000 Shampoo - or any home remedies. EC mode also makes a crystal gel treatment. If you have a friend who is a cosmetoligist you can have them buy these packs for a 1.75 each at beauty supply and you will need some process caps. Then use a blow dryer to heat it up on your head off and one for about 20 minutes. Make sure you specify CRYSTAL GEL TREAMENT FOR WELL WATER ( NOT Chlorine) But for Well water.

Don't mistake this for a packet that is an additive to your shampoo,Malibu has one of those too but this is crystal gel treatment. its a dry mix but you don't add it to shampoo you miz it place it on your head. Your hair and scalped feel great and look great afterwards. If I ever get rural water I may do it anyway.

Baking soda does not work..it does make your hair feel cleaner and lighter but the color from the iron in well water is still very visible. I have had this problem for a while now and it has drove me CRAZY! I finally went to the salon and requested the well water crystal gel treatment and also bought some crystal clarifying treatment packets from Sally's Beauty Supply to use on my own from there after.

Hey, anyone does the vinegar really work on taking rusty well water from your hair, or the lemonade work better?

Comment

Washing Your Hair
Washing Your Hair With Hard Water
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips WashingApril 27, 2005
Wooden hairbrush on a black background.
Cleaning Hairbrushes
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Cleaning Well Water Stains from a Bathtub
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 22, 2016 at 8:05:15 PM on 10.0.0.211 in 488 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.