Rates for Cleaning an Apartment Complex

I mainly clean homes. I have had a call to do an apartment complex. They want me to do the clubhouse 3 times a week and do the model homes about the same. What would I charge for that? Should I charge by the sq. ft. or the amount of time? For cleaning houses I charge $22 an hour. So what would I charge for something like that in Indiana?

By Janikawa from IN

If it were me in your shoes, I would state $22.00 per hour for the jobs if that's what you make in your area. You're the professional, they sought you out and now it's your call. You can still negotiate the price if they think it's too steep and you want to.

Or, ask for a couple dollars more and see if they're agreeable; if not, drop it to what you do make. You're in the business to make money and favors are for family.

My niece does cleaning, she charges by the hour.

Get each unit in good shape quickly, with the agreement that you get to take whatever was left behind by whomever moved out, to use or sell. It's really hard to get more when there are so many folks out of work that would do it for much less. God bless. : )

You should charge them the same $22 an hour rate that you charge everyone else. It's fair to both of you.

A woman who owns a cleaning business.
Starting a Cleaning Business
Business and Legal BusinessApril 15, 2009
weighing postage
Finding Postage Rates Online
An street with an "Apartment For Rent" sign.
Renting an Apartment
Someone mopping a floor.
How Much Does House Cleaning Cost?
A professional cleaner with his cleaning supplies.
Setting Rates for Cleaning Services
🎉
🎄