Winterizing a Hummingbird Vine

How do you winterize a hummingbird vine that is in a pot or one that has been planted in the ground?

By Bill from Denver

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I live in eastern PA, (we get winters that may dip as low as ten below); and I don't do anything to mine before winter, except to prune it back a bit. (They grow so well, it gets unwieldy.) One thing you do need to do: remove any seed pods you find; this vine can proliferate and become invasive very easily!

November 3, 2012 Flag

The first frost has come, and my vine is done for this year. Do I now need to cut them back off of my trellis, leave them, or just cut them down to the ground? I'm not really sure about this plant at all, but loved how it covered my trellis this year. Thank you.

By A.E. from Sapulpa, OK

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Gardening AdviceOctober 30, 2010
A glass hummingbird feeder.
Making a Hummingbird Feeder
HummingbirdFeeder
Protecting a Hummingbird Feeder from Rain
Trumpet Vine Seed Pods
Starting a Trumpet Vine From Seed Pods
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 11:13:25 AM on 10.0.1.155 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.