Teach Young Children to Use the Computer

Start young children on the computer. They love the quality time spent with them, plus they learn to spell so quickly. My granddaughter started at 3 years old. She learned the alphabet and spelling so quickly.

By vguy from Earle, AR

Great idea to give kids an early start on learning and technology! There are lots of free educational resources on the computer that kids can enjoy, and many that you can also print and use for free, like flash cards, worksheets, puzzles, etc. Just be sure your child is always supervised and definitely install software to block inappropriate sites as they get older.

I totally agree. My daughter started on the computer at 2 and is now one of the top readers in her first grade class. She has basic understanding of how to get onto the Internet as well and I monitor the sites she visits.

This in no way substitutes for spending time with my daughter but it keeps her learning and I think that is valuable as well.

I agree. My daughter started at age 3 and now she's 6 and really knows her way around the computer. Some good sites are: www.starfall.com, www.pbskids.org and www.noggin.com

Hey, this is a great idea! It's really too bad the PC, Mac and internet weren't around when I was a tot... who knows how far I could've gone!

My grand daughters are wiz's on the computer! Here is Rory..3yo!

Zoodles.com is another great site with educational content for ages 3-6. Parents can monitor and customize their child's internet content and activity. ~April Albany, Ga

A girl learning to use a laptop computer.
Teaching Kids to Use a Computer
Photos FamilyMay 12, 2009
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a Computer Screen
Cleaning a Laptop Keyboard, Photo of a laptop keyboard.
Laptop Computer Tips and Tricks
A stack of CDs or DVDs
Saving Money On Computer Software
🎉
🎄