Hanging Curtains on a Large Window

I have a really large window with no area for middle support and the top part of the window is an eyebrow window (its actually about 7 windows filling up one very large wall space). I am having a difficult time with putting a sheer up. I have used very large tension rods, but they end up bowing and getting pulled down on occasion.

I have tried a long curtain rod only to have it bow in the middle without the middle support. I read these forums all the time, and I know someone on this board will be able to help. I can't be the only person who has had this problem.

By Chaitea from Portland

Well, I'm not sure if this helps, but our living room has three 30inch windows connected. I hung two sheer panels and a valance to match. I used just the regular cheap white double curtain rods, which I spray painted to match the color of the curtain. I believe the supports came with the rods, but there were two long pieces that had curves to support the curtain rods...those two pieces just screwed into the dry wall.

I've recently added a couple of matching darkening panels and I've had no problem with bowing.

You can attach all that wall stuff to the ceiling, or get creative with some tacks or deco pushpins. I have even heard of stringing the sheers on heavy clear fishing wire and securing it to a nail on each end that you hide with the end of the curtain.

What you can so is get a small bracket or what they call a middle bracket for the middle of the rod. My mom had a huge picture window in the living room and that's what she did, hope that helps. Use this bracket as you did the outer part of the rod.

I don't really understand the type of window you talk about but I have been known to resort to cuphooks to support long curtain rods - you can get them in plain silver look or the ones I like are a gold colour - they are quite easy to screw into a wooden window frame but I'm not sure how one would go about using them with an aluminium frame - you would need a drill to put the hole in (use a smaller bit)

Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating CurtainsApril 2, 2009
Curtains on a metal curtain rod.
Putting Curtains on a Curtain Rod
Measuring Windows for New Curtains, Gold colored curtains and white sheers hanging on a wondow.
Measuring Windows for New Curtains
Starching Curtains
Starching Curtains
Cleaning Lace Curtains
Cleaning Lace Curtains
🎄