Bumblebee Party Ideas

I have a soon to be 2 year old. He LOVES bumblebees. I found some plates and cups and I am making my own invitations. Can anyone think of some cute decorations or games? I would love to hear any ideas you have.

Thank you!
Ccrooker from Illinois

Pin the stinger on the bee, instead of pin the tail on the donkey.

cj

Draw and color a big bee on a box that has been taped shut. Cut circles into it and make little bee beanbags to toss into them. We did this for my grandsons birthday party(except his was a gorilla) and the kids had a great time with it. Afterward, each little guest took their beanbag home.

I did both these ideas for a Winney the Pooh party:

1. Take clothes pins and paint, or glue on, colored paper to make them look like bumble bees. "Google Eyes" can be glued on for fun.

Take a ceramic pot (or other "Bucket") and write or tape the word "HONEY." Have the kids stand on a chair and try to drop the bees into the honey or try to toss them in the honey pot.

2. Have each child decorate a Twinkie into a Bee.

Make the Twinkie the body. With frosting glue on thin licorice laces in lines across the top of the body.

Next glue on thinly sliced halved orange slices for wings, a candy kiss for the stinger, and chocolate chips for the eyes. These can be eaten as their own individual birthday cakes, or put on a paper plate or coffee filter to take home.

3. Make Bumblebee antennas. You need black head bands, black pom-poms, and yellow pipe cleaners. Glue the Pom-poms on the ends of the pipe cleaners (Or wrap the pipe cleaner around them.) Next, wrap the other end of the 2 pipe cleaners around the top of the headband.

The shorter the antennas, the better they will stand up.

GOOD LUCK!!!

You could also play "pin the bee on the beehive". Make a beehive our of brown paper - maybe a grocery bag, then make paper bees backed with masking tape.

You might have the children pretend they are "things that fly" They could "buzz and fly like a bumble bee", "soar like an eagle", "fly like a plane", and even "fly like a kite".

You might, also, do a search on preschool curriculum sites to find activities on bees. Another idea is to paint some flowers - use the cup of an egg carton with a green pipecleaner stem.

Pin the wings on the Bumble-Bee. I tried the stinger idea with the 3 year olds at a church camp one summer and they were afraid to play with the stinger of a bee. Since we had made the bee from felt and construction paper, it was easy to take apart and use the wings instead. I suggest making a set of wings for each kid, we had a hard time using one set with 14 active 3 year olds. Make sure to use materials that the kids won't be able to swallow.

Holidays and Parties Parties Party ThemesMarch 28, 2006
Museum Themed Party
Throwing Museum Themed Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Little Girl in Bumblebee Costume
Making a Bumblebee Costume
Fresh Fruit Cakes Being PRepared
Party Food Ideas
🎄