Make Gift Tags Out of Junk Mail
Make gift tags out of junk mail! What a good way to save $ and have an afternoon of fun with the kids. First save some colorful junk mail mailings and envelopes with plastic windows on the back. You will need quite a bit of envelopes (double the amount of gift tags you want to make), glue stick, scissors, paper punch/glitter, some pretty paper, sayings etc,markers or other paint you can really make this your own unique craft.
- Take the backs off the envelopes and stack to one side, fronts to the other (you can use fronts to write names or messages on for step 4 below)
- Take 2 backs and put back to back, making sure the windows line up with each other and glue paper together around windows on three sides -leave open at top.
- Cut out glued windows leaving 1/4 inch border
- Put small strip of paper with message, name, etc. inside the see through gift tag. I like using fortune cookie paper saved form frequent trips to the Chinese restaurant :)
- Put confetti (made out of colorful junk mailing with paper punch) or glitter inside.
- Seal top
Optional: I like putting a message inside (#4 above) and writing the name with permanent marker on the outside.
Here you have it: a gift tag made entirely out of junk mail!
November 14, 20090 found this helpful
Another quick idea for the junk mail you receive. Cut out your name and address, just a little rectangle of info. keep these bits of paper in a bowl or some other small container where you usually process stuff you are going to mail. Get a roll of clear packaging tape or just some wide scoth tape. Tapes this pieces of paper onto mail as return address labels.
July 31, 20100 found this helpful
I love this! Please post a picture!
September 13, 20100 found this helpful
That will save on name labels! YAY!
September 16, 20110 found this helpful
Great idea! Would also like to see picture of some finished. But once again the idea is great you could certainly use the concept in many ways.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 25, 2016 at 11:50:05 AM on 10.0.2.41 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us