Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Cutting Heating Costs for a Trailer

My husband and I spend the winters in the southern states, living in a travel trailer. We have a string of days where the weather is very cool and that is when I do my cooking and baking, enough to get us by for several days' meals. It eliminates the need to keep our electric heater running and warms up the unit at the same time.

I also leave the dish water in the sink and put the plug in the bathtub when taking a shower, until the water has become cold. That adds moisture to the air, which makes it feel warmer.

By annelaundrie from Green Bay, WI

By Darlene 01/24/2010

Thanks for the good idea! We too are "snowbirds"

By Sandi [390]01/20/2010

If you have any plants either inside or outside, and your dish washing soap is phosphorous free, you can water the plants with them!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Cutting Heating Costs for a Trailer

I have an old trailer in southern Illinois, and my electric/gas bill was $211 for this month. Compared to the summer when it was only $100.