What Are the Lumps Behind the Seats in Solstice?

Why does the Solstice car have those 2 lumps on the back of the car, one behind the driver's seat and one behind the passenger's seat? Is there a purpose for them?

By fab4mom from Walker, LA

In addition to help with aerodynamics, it is also a styling reminiscent of much older Formula One and other open-wheel race cars. Some older sports cars had the style as well.

If you look around at the US auto stylings, they are trying to reinvent the brands a bit by bringing back the old - GM cars are well known for that but the styles of the 60s has made appearances in Fords and Dodge vehicles as well.

I can only guess that GM decided to bring back the stylings of Formula One although they aren't well known for race cars of that era in Europe.

Thanks so much! I'd never seen that before, and it puzzled me when I saw one over the weekend.

Consumer Advice Cars AdviceJuly 6, 2009
Dining Chair
Repairing Dining Chair Seats
bag of sugar
Getting Rid of Lumps in Sugar
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Cleaning Boat Seats
Cleaning Boat Seats
🎄
🍂