Determining the Value of Vintage Theater Seats

Category Antiques
Old theater seats are usually put together in a group, and can be used at home in interesting ways. This is a guide about determining the value of vintage theater seats .

I have an antique set of four old theatre chairs in timber with a wrought iron base. The seats flip upright. It is in good condition and I have no idea what it would be worth and how to sell them. Any thoughts?

By Margaret from Qld

Answers

Best Answer

They could go from $5 a piece to $200. Occasionally they sell at auctions here pretty reasonably, but it depends on what part of the country you are from. I have seen people put them on their porches. If you can't get an answer here, post your question and picture on HGTV message boards under antiques. Quite often they have knowledgeable people on there to answer your question. Good Luck.

I have 40 wrought and cast iron seats they are in 5 seat units with wooden armrest and seats are padded. Is there a market for such and if so what are estimated values?

By Frank from Lima, OH

Answers

Best Answer

I have no idea of the value, but I do know that some friends of mine purchased theatre seats such as these for their home theatre room. I think you could sell them to others for the same sort of thing. You might have to advertize widely to get to the right market.

We have a wood and leather theatre seat that has 4 flip up seats. We could not make out the "Made By" stamp on the bottom of each flipup seat until now after many many months of research. It was made by the Sydney Art Mantel Works Enmore of 1912. We are now trying to get an estimate on what to sell it for. We would love to keep it and turn it into a quirky piece, but don't want to "destroy" it if it could be of historical value to somebody! I would rather sell it to somebody to restore it and continue its history. Anyone have any thoughts?

By dniique from Newcastle, New South Wales