Product Review: S Curl - Curl Activator

I am now 44 and have only just got to grips with my curly hair! The magic product as far as I am concerned is S Curl, curl activator. It is designed for Afro Carribean hair, which mine is not, however it is a fantastic product.

I simply wash my hair, wrap it in a towel to dry it off a bit, spray in a leave in conditioner and scrunch in some S Curl, then I comb it and leave it to dry naturally. I have never had so many positive comments. S Curl can also be used to freshen up the curls in a morning, again just scrunch it in.

Best of all, it's very cheap, I have just paid 3 pounds for a 24 ounce bottle that will probably last me over 6 months.

Does this make your hair more curly? Or does it tame what you have. My hair is not super curly and I certainly don't want to tame it. I want it more curly, so would this work for me?

I bet it doesn't hold up to high humidity

I know people with curly hair get frustrated, but from someone who has super straight hair that won't do a thing, I'd love to have your problems every once in a while. Glad you found what works for you!

Hi Myrtle May - I'm also in the UK and would like to try S Curl - can you tell me exactly what the product is called and where you bought it?

Thanks, Delisha

Is this a spray or a gel?

S Curl is a kind of spray , I first spray it into my hands and then scrunch it into my hair. It's really too moisturizing to just spray in. It's called 'curl activator' I wouldn't say it makes your hair a lot more curly, but it definitely defines the curls and makes them last longer. Though I think it probably make it a bit more curly.

High humidity, it certainly helps! It's not perfect, but what is?

It's called S Curl, curl activator, I buy mine in specialist Afro Carribean hair shops, which I realize aren't everywhere, but living in Manchester I'm lucky. It's in a white and blue pump type bottle.

Luster's S-Curl Activator
Luster's S-Curl Activator Reviews
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ProductsFebruary 13, 2008
woman brushing a cat
Product Review: FURminator
two young African American women with curly hair
Product Review: S Curl - Curl Activator
A Garden Journal
Keeping A Garden Journal
woman dying hair
Using Leftover Hair Dye
🎄
🍂