Luster's S-Curl Activator Reviews

A product for maintaining a curly hairstyle. This is a page about Luster's S-Curl activator reviews.

I am now 44 and have only just got to grips with my curly hair! The magic product as far as I am concerned is S Curl, curl activator. It is designed for Afro Carribean hair, which mine is not, however it is a fantastic product.

I simply wash my hair, wrap it in a towel to dry it off a bit, spray in a leave in conditioner and scrunch in some S Curl, then I comb it and leave it to dry naturally. I have never had so many positive comments. S Curl can also be used to freshen up the curls in a morning, again just scrunch it in.

Best of all, it's very cheap, I have just paid 3 pounds for a 24 ounce bottle that will probably last me over 6 months.

I have 4c hair dye I believe and I used this in July. It's now October and my hair is falling out like crazy. Not my new growth, but just the texturized parts, literally every time I touch it with my hands or a comb or brush.

From July to the mid September it grew out so healthy, but over time the texturized parts literally broke off and all my ends are thinned out and straight now. There was no curl pattern at all starting mid September. I did a natural protein treatment recently to stop the breakage. It has not helped at all. I have been washing, then leaving deep conditioner and castor oil and other oils on my head and then sealing with baby oil. I do this every night or other night or when I'm not in a protective style before the S curl and after
(which I believe made my hair grow ). I wrap my hair in a satin Durga every night so I'm very moisturized and I'm for certain it's a result of the product I used in July. At first I thought it was stress, but it's been a month of breakage and shedding and I am not that stressed, lol. I now save the hair I loose because it's so much and I'm scared. I don't know what to do. Any thoughts? I was unable to upload photos, but I do have some.

Answers

Make sure you are not using any heat products. If you had this done at a salon, go back and ask them what to do.

Sounds like you may need extra conditioning to repair your hair,also this chemical may have alcohol in it,which is not great! Contact a professional and maybe discontinue this use!

My suggestion is to talk to your doctor about the hair loss. I say this because thyroid issues (and several other health issues) can wreck havoc on your hair and it may be a coincidence that it started after a treatment.

If you have an existing thyroid issue, talk to your doctor about the potential need to have blood work and adjust your medicine. If you do not have a known issue, perhaps you should be tested for one.

Safety first with this. If it is thyroid, it can be easy to treat.

Post back with updates!

It has been 3 months since you dyed your hair with that product. Normally after a hair dye, you can see the damage right away and not 3 months later. If your hair is breaking and falling out now this could be a different issue all together. I would go to a doctor and have some blood test done to see if you have some medical problems that would cause the hair loss.

I put a S Curl in my son's hair and it came out straight. What other options do I have? He doesn't want it cut. Please help.

By SL from Atlanta, GA

Answers

An S-curl is actually a mild relaxer. Because it is so mild, it is considered to be a retexturizer, rather than a relaxer. I retexturizer's job is to loosen rather than completely straighten one's natural curl. There are a couple factors which could have caused the hair to become straight. Has he had an S curl before, but the processed hair has not been cut off? If so, the most recent application further straightened the already processed ends. If the product is left on the hair for too long, it will also straighten the hair.

Finally, if he has fine, thin hair that already had a looser than average curl pattern, the product simply loosened the natural pattern too much. Because it is a mild relaxer, there's not much that can be done to reverse the straightening. You may see a little curl formation after a couple shampoos, but if not, the only thing left to do if he doesn't want to just leave the straight ends, is to trim them off, unfortunately. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Hi, I'm having the same issue now. What did you do to get your sons hair back to normal? My son doesn't want his hair cut either

Consumer Advice Product Reviews Bath and BeautyApril 25, 2014
😎
🐛
📓
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Lusters-S-Curl-Activator-Reviews.html