S Curl Left Hair Straight

I put a S Curl in my son's hair and it came out straight. What other options do I have? He doesn't want it cut. Please help.

By SL from Atlanta, GA

An S-curl is actually a mild relaxer. Because it is so mild, it is considered to be a retexturizer, rather than a relaxer. I retexturizer's job is to loosen rather than completely straighten one's natural curl. There are a couple factors which could have caused the hair to become straight. Has he had an S curl before, but the processed hair has not been cut off? If so, the most recent application further straightened the already processed ends. If the product is left on the hair for too long, it will also straighten the hair.

Finally, if he has fine, thin hair that already had a looser than average curl pattern, the product simply loosened the natural pattern too much. Because it is a mild relaxer, there's not much that can be done to reverse the straightening. You may see a little curl formation after a couple shampoos, but if not, the only thing left to do if he doesn't want to just leave the straight ends, is to trim them off, unfortunately. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Hi, I'm having the same issue now. What did you do to get your sons hair back to normal? My son doesn't want his hair cut either