MovingOrganizing

Moving to Vancouver, B.C.

We are Brits, living in America looking to move to Canada, possibly Vancouver. But I am not keen on a 'wet province' as this will adversely affect my bone disease. If you live there, would you give me any advice you have. Thank you and God Bless.

By Bernie from FL

I have lived in Victoria and found it very damp, in fact, had to move as I have a mold and mildew allergy that was made worse by the climate. But Victoria is on an island and so more damp. The winters are milder, but that means more snow. If you have other choices, try drier, like the inland prairie provinces like Alberta, Saskatchewan.

I don't know if you could find a damper place than Vancouver. If you want dry, the previous poster is correct-- Saskatchewan, where I live, Alberta, or Manitoba. Of course, here in the middle of the continent, we get much colder weather as well. Southern Alberta, which gets some chinooks from the mountains (chinooks are warm winds that melt the snow) would likely be the warmest. Calgary is the major city. both Calgary and Vancouver are very expensive places to live. Is cost of living and housing a consideration? If so, you should look at Saskatchewan or Manitoba.

The feedback is marvelous-thank you. Not keen on city life and cost of living is an issue, Looking for an area that is not slummy nor up-scale. A 'fixer-upper' would work. Can you name a couple of towns in Southern Alberta (where the Chinooks are!), that fit the criteria?