Newborn Puppy not Pooping

The best pet's health advise comes from your professional veterinarian. This is a guide about newborn puppy not pooping.

Newborn Puppy
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

April 17, 2014 Flag

Two Pug puppies sleeping on their back.My 6 day old Pug puppies have been bottle fed from the beginning because the bitch rejected them and she doesn't have any milk. I gave them antibiotics because at first their poop was watery and now they're not pooping! What should I do? I hope I can get an answer to this asap. Thanks!

By jaycille

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Are you still wiping their bottoms with a warm damp cloth after you feed them to stimulate them to use the bathroom? They probably aren't old enough to do it all the time on their own yet. Otherwise, ask the vet just to be safe.

Get them to a vet asap.

My 3 week old chihuahua finding so hard to stimulate. Now no poops for 2 days.

June 30, 2008 Flag

I have 4 one week old Chihuahua puppies and the runt of the litter is bottle fed. Now I can't get it to go poop. Does anyone out there know what I can do to help it go poop?

Kim from Jasper, TX

Try using a warm soft washcloth and massaging his backside. Sounds dumb but it takes the place of the mama cats tongue. After she feeds her litter she may do this to get them to go. Good luck, it worked for us.

Do not feed it any kind of laxatives! I am a foster parent for a no-kill shelter and deal with very young puppies and kittens a lot. You have to act like their mother would. Take 2 fingers and pretend they are a mother's tongue....gently, but firmly, stroke the puppy's tummy and body from front to back. The mother does this to "massage" the waste out of the baby. If you have to, take the baby to your local animal shelter and they will show you how to do it.

Oh MY GOD - do not give that puppy any laxitives - baby formula or not!

Like stated below - a warm washcloth and manual gently massage should do it.

You never stated why you are bottle feeding this puppy has the mother rejected him or are the siblings simply pushing him out of the way? In the very best interest of this tiny pup the first person you should contact is the dog's best friend your veterinarian. Good luck but please place that call.

Read More Answers...
Pets Dogs HealthFebruary 10, 2014
Puppy
Puppy is Not Eating
Cute Puppy
Puppy Pooping Inside
A no dog pooping sign in someone's lawn.
Keeping Dogs From Pooping on Grass
guilty dog
Dog Peeing and Pooping Inside
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 10, 2016 at 7:17:33 PM on 10.0.2.188 in 860 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.