Making a Crocheted Newborn Hat
Make a cute crochet hat for your newborn or as a gift. This is a guide about making a crocheted newborn hat
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Any little one would look like the princess she deserves to be in this hat! In an hour or less, with minimal crochet skills and a tiny amount of yarn, you will have made a keepsake for years to come.
You may leave the hat plain, or add a flower. Personally, I think big blooms on tiny melons rock! I have used Caron Simply Soft yarn. It is slightly thinner than your typical #4, also very soft. What a special baby shower gift this would make. It will also cost you next to nothing. Enjoy.
Total Time: 1 hour
- "h" crochet hook
- tiny amounts Caron Simply Soft worsted weight #4 yarn
- embroidery needle to weave in ends
- Chain 5, join to first chain to make a circle.
- Chain 3, 13 double crochet in ring. Join to top of chain 3. 14 dc
- Chain 3, double crochet in same space as chain 3. 2 double crochet in each stitch around, join to first chain 3. 28 dc
- Chain 3, double crochet in same space as chain 3. *1 double crochet in next stitch, 2 double crochet in next stitch.* Repeat steps between * till end. Join to chain 3. 42 dc
- Chain 3, 1 double crochet in NEXT stitch and each till end. Join to beginning chain 3. 42dc
- Repeat last step 5 more times.
- Chain 1, make a single crochet in the NEXT stitch and each around. Join to first single crochet. (You are not making your first sc in the chain space in order to "skip" a stitch and make the circumference a bit smaller.)
- Repeat last row 1 time. Finish off and weave in ends.
- You may leave as is or add your flower of choice. :) The flower I used is "Sweet Pea".
Click here to see Sweet Pea Flower project.
August 24, 20150 found this helpful
This sweet baby hat makes a great gift. Learn how to crochet this hat in this short video. Check out the video for the Sweet Pea Crochet Flower to make this hat extra special.