Dried Potato for Making a Dolls Face

Does anyone remember the dolls made out of real potatoes, and if you do can, you tell me how they're made.

By Sherry from Deming, New Mexico

I have heard of using Apples but not potatoes. It seems as if the potato would rot.

If you use an apple, simply carve out the face you want then let it dry.

I've also only heard of (and years ago made) dried apple head dolls. I used to make corn husk dolls, too. That's a beautiful example in the photo! On one corn husk doll I made for my mother I attached a much smaller corn husk doll to its hand - a dolly for the doll! Mom loved it and used it for many years as her Christmas tree topper. When she died a few years ago at 93, the doll came full circle back to me, and now decorates my own Christmas trees. Wonderful memories.

homemade doll
Doll Making Tips
Crafts Toys DollmakingMarch 30, 2009
Granville House Doll
Finding the Value of Granville House Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dried lime cut in half.
Recipes Using Dried Limes