Gorgeous Fabric Picture Frame
Make a gorgeous fabric picture frame to coordinate with your curtains or drapes!
- Pick large frame like the size of 11x14 inches, 16x20 inches, or 18x20 inches. Larger sizes look more dramatic.
- Use left over curtain fabric or a coordinating fabric for your frame. Also, use left over thin batting to have a more refined look.
- Buy and inexpensive foam board 1/4 inch thick or less or cardboard from a large box.
- Cut it a few inches smaller than the frame, so you leave enough allowance for the fabric that is going to be wrapped around it.
- Cut your fabric to the size of the board with batting (very thin so you can get in frame after), with 1 1/2 inches extra to seal over corners/sides.
- Using spray adhesive, spray your board, and gently place batting on on board, smoothing out all the wrinkles.
- Place fabric on top, sealing on corners and sides with hot glue. Place back into the frame and secure down.
- Optional: add multiple sizes of family photo for a more personal touch. Sepia or black and white photos look great on fabric frames. Now you have a nice unique coordinating picture in your room everyone will rave about.
By Kerry from Flat Rock, MI
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
October 16, 20070 found this helpful
Interesting. You just gave me an idea for an odd size picture that I want to frame. Thank you so much!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 24, 2016 at 9:19:02 AM on 10.0.1.236 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us