Getting Rid of Gnats in Bathroom

I have gnats in one bathroom and they wont go away! I've tried pouring some products down the drain but nothing seems to work. Help!

Best Answer

You can kill small gnats by spraying with hairspray. Either use cheap stuff right out of the canister - or dilute pump sprays with 1/2 rubbing alcohol.

Best Answer

Do you have a plant in the room? The flies may be coming from the soil. You may have to repot and treat soil with an insecticide, or is your kitchen close by? They may be baby fruit flies, not sure how you get rid of them. Sorry

Best Answer

I have this problem every year. You actually have to keep the drains closed to prevent them from coming in. They're coming in from the drain itself, via the septic tank or sewer. If you've lost the stopper, just put a plastic lid or something over the drain after you use it each time. You may actually have to do this with all of your drains. I also sprinkle some 20 mule team borax in the sink at night. In a few days, they should be gone.

Try getting you a Mulberry candle and burning it. Worked for us last year and it also helps with those ladybugs/japanese beetle too.

Good luck

Try getting a Mullberry candle and burning it. It help me last summer when everything else I tried didn't work. Also helps with lady bugs or the Japanese beetlebugs too.

I have tried this and it worked for me. Put a small shot glass on the counter with either kool-aid or a fruity alcoholic beverage in it. Beer and zima also work. The gnats fly in but don't fly out. If you don't see progress in an hour don't get discouraged because it really does work. Within 2 days I had about 100 gnats in my glass.

Anonymous

New apt.is so nice. But, gnats in bathroom. Ugh!Used real successfully before: Black Flag fly, gnat, etc. sheets.They're clear,so disappear on surfaces.Cut to size. Plus,"EcoSmart" products.Fabulous! Safe. Uses all natural plant oils.Safe for everyone.Non-chemical. Use sheets 1st, then Eco. I hate gnats, so I had to find a solution, & a safe one.