Clothing StainsCleaning

Removing Stains from a Vintage Hockey Jersey

I have a vintage hockey jersey with some spattered old stains on it. I'm not sure what the stain is, it might be food. I really want them out, any suggestions?

By Kevin

I have used a soak product that is generally sold in quilt shops for renewing vintage fabrics in quilts. I do not rember the brand name but if you check in quilt shops or fabric stores they can tell you and sell it to you. Mine worked wonders. Good luck.

If it is vintage and you have it as a collecible rather than a wearable, I would not remove the stains. If you decide to sell to a collector in the future, they would not be happy and it is worth less if cleaned repaired etc. On the other, hand if is to be worn, perhaps the product mention by 'flying-brush" would be best. I would try it on a unobtusve area first as the fabric may be so fragile even specialty products may damage it.