Branches Falling Off Sweet Gum Tree

I have a gum tree in my front yard. Several large branches have fallen off. When I look at the flesh where it has broken off, it is nice and white and shows no sign of disease or being struck by lightening. Now today, another big branch is hanging. The tree looks fine, but I have no idea why these huge branches are falling off. I had to cut the branch up with a chain saw it was so big. What do you think could be causing this?

By Fonda L

Answers

We finally got rid of the sweet gum tree in our yard. I think it was about 30 years old and such a pain in the. My husband hated it from day one (we've been in the house 2 years now) and finally paid to have it cut down. It was a beautiful shade tree but the sweet gum balls and leaves were just too much! I hope you can save you tree if you want to, but I can't imagine wanting to. Google sweet gum tree and see what people say about this particular pain!

Problems With A Sweet Gum Tree
Home and Garden Gardening Trees Tree HealthJuly 10, 2011
Uses for Sweet Gum Balls
Uses for Sweet Gum Balls
Sweet Gum Balls
Buying Sweet Gum Balls
Gum Drops
Gum Drop Cookie Recipes
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 10:52:09 PM on 10.0.1.55 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.