Silverware Organizer for Sewing Basket

Use a silverware drawer divider in your sewing basket to organize your thread, scissors, needles, and whatever gets collected there. They are easily cut down between the dividers. I moved one of the slots on one side to the end of my sewing basket.

On the lid I hot glued a piece of cardboard covered with batting and felt, ran elastic over the four corners to slip packages of needles or other miscellaneous items under to keep right at hand. A piece of red felt cut into the shape of a heart works to hold threaded needles of several colors ready to be used.

The project I am currently working on, such as pillowcases, is in a gallon Ziploc and lays on top of the tray out of site until I am ready for it. No more hunting for my scissors, needles, or current project supplies, they are right at my side.

By latrtatr from Loup City, NE

Utensil Holder Bathroom Organizer
Uses for Silverware Trays
Crafts SewingMarch 23, 2010
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Craft supplies for scrapbooking, including scissors, punches, paper and other decorations.
Organizing Craft Supplies
old silverware
Uses for Old Silverware
Finished Wind Chimes
Silverware Wind Chimes