Avocado Seed Has Roots But No Stem

I am growing an avocado tree from seed. I did as directed and now have a great root system, but nothing coming from the top of the seed yet. Is this normal? Do I just need patience or should there already have been greens sprouting?

By JayJay from Hopewell Junction, NY

This is not an answer, but I have the same question. There is no other button for me to press in this area. But, I have the same issue with roots growing but no stems. Is this a problem? Or should there just be patience? Or is there a way to fix this if it is a problem?

Same problem here. Enough roots, but stem doesn't come up. Just to add a detail. The stem side of my avocado has a large number of tiny leaves sprouting, making it look like a tiny artichoke. Another avocado pit that grew normally seems to have the same number of leaves but along a well grown stem.

Plump Avocado Seed Rooting into Jar
Growing an Avocado from a Pit
Home and Garden Gardening SeedsJune 21, 2010
Two avocados, one cut in half with the seed inside.
Peeling an Avocado
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Avocados on a Tree
Caring for an Avocado Tree
Plant Stem
Repairing a Broken Plant Stem