Mock Tacos

This was a family favorite of my husband's growing up. It makes plenty, so plan to freeze half.

• 1/2 - 1 lb. browned hamburger
  • Ad
  • 2 cups rice
  • 2 cups water
  • 6 cans kidney beans, drained
  • 1 pkg. chili seasoning
  • 2 (15 oz.) cans tomato sauce
  • 2 cans water

There are two ways I make this. The original recipe was to combine rice and 2 cups water and boil. When cooked, add remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 hour.

More recently, I started just dumping all the ingredients listed above in the crock pot and letting it cook while I was at work. You do not need to cook the rice ahead.

I like to spoon Mock Tacos over tortilla chips and top with lettuce and tomato (sour cream would be great too). My husband prefers to spoon it into a bowl and and scoop it out with tortilla or corn chips. It is also great in shells for tacos or rolled into a burrito.

Source: My Mother-in-law

By cs_jag from Hillsboro, OR

fill shells
Taco Filling Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesSeptember 14, 2010
Taco Meat
Taco Meat Recipes
Individual Taco
Muffin Tin Taco Recipes
Spaghetti Taco Recipes
Spaghetti Taco Recipes
Slow Cooker Taco Meat
Slow Cooker Taco Meat Recipes