Muffin Tin Taco Recipes
Whether for snacks, lunches, or a special event, these bite-sized or cupcake tacos are a yummy entree. This guide contains recipes for muffin tin tacos
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These taco cupcakes are easy to make and so delicious! They are a great option to pack for lunch and can be frozen and heated up individually.
- 24 wonton wrappers (in the produce section)
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili oil (in Asian food section)
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 of a block Mexican Velveeta
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup Mexican cheese, shredded
- sour cream and/or guacamole, optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray muffin tin cups with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Heat chili oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add ground beef and taco seasoning. Brown beef, then add black beans and continue cooking until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Put a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the muffin tin cups.
- Cut Velveeta into 24 equal sized cubes. Place a cube of Velveeta onto each wonton wrapper. Then spoon 1 Tbsp. of the meat and bean mixture into each cup. (Note: On my initial try, I melted the Velveeta before adding it, however it re-solidified so quickly that I chose to not include that in these instructions.)
- Spoon 1/2 Tbsp. of salsa into each cup. Sprinkle about half the shredded Mexican cheese evenly over the top of each cup.
- Press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layers of Velveeta, meat mixture, salsa and cheese.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
- Serve with sour cream or guacamole.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
By lalala... from Port Orchard, WA
June 5, 20131 found this helpful
These taco cupcakes are easy to make and so delicious! They are a great option to pack for lunch and can be frozen and heated up individually. View the full recipe here: Muffin Tin Tacos