These taco cupcakes are easy to make and so delicious! They are a great option to pack for lunch and can be frozen and heated up individually.
- 24 wonton wrappers (in the produce section)
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili oil (in Asian food section)
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 of a block Mexican Velveeta
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup Mexican cheese, shredded
- sour cream and/or guacamole, optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray muffin tin cups with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Heat chili oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add ground beef and taco seasoning. Brown beef, then add black beans and continue cooking until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Put a wonton wrapper into the bottom of each of the muffin tin cups.
- Cut Velveeta into 24 equal sized cubes. Place a cube of Velveeta onto each wonton wrapper. Then spoon 1 Tbsp. of the meat and bean mixture into each cup. (Note: On my initial try, I melted the Velveeta before adding it, however it re-solidified so quickly that I chose to not include that in these instructions.)
- Spoon 1/2 Tbsp. of salsa into each cup. Sprinkle about half the shredded Mexican cheese evenly over the top of each cup.
- Press another wonton wrapper on top and repeat the layers of Velveeta, meat mixture, salsa and cheese.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
- Serve with sour cream or guacamole.
By lalala... from Port Orchard, WA