Taco Bake Recipes
Try an alternative to the traditional hand held taco; make a taco bake recipe. This page contains taco bake recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
- 2 lbs. hamburger
- 1 1/2 cups onion, finely chopped
- 1 can tomato sauce (15oz.)
- 1 can kidney beans (16oz.)
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 10-12 taco shells
- 1 bag cheddar cheese, shredded (or as much as you like)
In a large skillet, brown the hamburger and onion together. Stir in the tomato sauce, kidney beans, chili powder and salt and pepper. Break each taco shell in half at the fold. Lay the shells in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Spoon the meat mixture over the taco shells and sprinkle with cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes. Top with salsa, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, etc.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Yummy chicken taco casserole with avocados.
Total Time: 15 minutes to prep. 40 minutes to bake.
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 3 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 can black beans
- 2 avocados
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Stir the chicken, soup, sour cream, black beans in a bowl.
- Layer half the chicken mixture, 3 cups tortilla chips and half the cheese in the baking dish.
- Cover baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover the baking dish, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for 10 more minutes. Top with avocados & more sour cream.
November 13, 20080 found this helpful
If you are looking to do something with left over tortilla chips or something different with flour tortillas, try this recipe for Taco Bake.
- 1 lb. of ground beef (or shredded cooked chicken, turkey, venison etc)
- 1 cup salsa*
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can tomato soup
- 6 flour tortillas or equivalent in tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheese of choice (cheddar works well)
*You can also add chili powder to 1 cup of diced tomatoes if you do not have salsa.
Cook your meat. Using a 2 quart casserole dish, mix together the meat, soup, beans, tortillas, and half of the cheese. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees F for about 30 minutes. Serve hot with sour cream and more salsa if desired.
My family likes this with a side dish of corn.
By Erica from Meadville, PA
October 4, 20050 found this helpful
- 1/2 bag Doritos
- 1 pound lean ground beef,browned and drained
- 2 cans chili with beans, heated
- 2 cups shredded cheese, your choice
Spray a 9x12 inch casserole dish with vegetable oil. Break up Doritos and put in casserole dish. Layer with ground beef, then chili, then cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-30 minutes or until heated and cheese is melted.
Top with your favorites: diced tomatoes, sour cream, onions, jalapenos,salsa, lettuce, olives
May reheat in the microwave.
Brown ground chuck. Add chili powder and cream cheese. Simmer 5 minutes. Cook pasta shells; drain. Combine meat mixture and pasta. Place in a 9x13 inch pan. Pour taco sauce over top. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.Read More...
September 1, 20050 found this helpful
Recipes for making beef taco bake.Read More...
Super easy to make and inexpensive, too. Kids love this!Read More...
In skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to separate meat. Pour off fat.
Add soup, salsa, milk, tortillas and half the cheese. Spoon into 2-quart shallow baking dish.Read More...
November 22, 20040 found this helpful
This is a quick, cheap, adaptable recipe. You can add in extras (corn, etc) or make substitutions (ex: corn chips instead of crackers). Amounts of ingredients and cooking time will depend on size of casserole dish.Read More...