Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

How to Store Marshmallows

What is the best way to store marshmallows?

Susan from Waynesville, GA

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Keeper [57]02/13/2008

8-( now y'all tell me. I just threw out 2 holiday bags full.Day late and a dollar short. I sure will remember all your tips. Thanks

By Harlean from Arkansas [125]12/14/2007

I open the bag as soon as I get home from the store, pour the entire bag into a gallon size ziplock, and add about 2 Tablespoons confectioner's sugar. Zip the bag and shake to coat the marshmallows. They will stay soft, and not stick together for a long time.
Harlean from Arkansas

By aardvark (Guest Post)12/14/2007

Hahahaha--I was think like the other responder--in your tummy! or in s'mores!

By Cathy (Guest Post)12/14/2007

I store marshmallows in the freezer! When I need them, I open the bag (ziplock or the original bag with a twisty-tie) and take out the number I need. It takes just a few minutes for them to thaw out, and they are as fresh as they were the day I bought them.

By Winterbird (Guest Post)12/14/2007

I store mine in the bag, then place in freezer container and freeze. They will keep along time in freezer.

By Michawn [16]12/14/2007

In a pan with butter and rice krispies! Good question though, we usually don't have them around long enough to get dry, if they do we use them for krispy treats.

By Abby (Guest Post)12/14/2007

I store my marshmallows in the freezer.I never have a hard marshmallow, and best of all they always taste fresh. I have some in there now that are over one year old.

By Angela [1]12/14/2007

I store them in a ziplock bag with a few crackers in there. Works for me :)