How to Store Marshmallows

What is the best way to store marshmallows?

Susan from Waynesville, GA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I store them in a ziplock bag with a few crackers in there. Works for me :)

I store my marshmallows in the freezer.I never have a hard marshmallow, and best of all they always taste fresh. I have some in there now that are over one year old.

In a pan with butter and rice krispies! Good question though, we usually don't have them around long enough to get dry, if they do we use them for krispy treats.

I store mine in the bag, then place in freezer container and freeze. They will keep along time in freezer.

I store marshmallows in the freezer! When I need them, I open the bag (ziplock or the original bag with a twisty-tie) and take out the number I need. It takes just a few minutes for them to thaw out, and they are as fresh as they were the day I bought them.

Hahahaha--I was think like the other responder--in your tummy! or in s'mores!

I open the bag as soon as I get home from the store, pour the entire bag into a gallon size ziplock, and add about 2 Tablespoons confectioner's sugar. Zip the bag and shake to coat the marshmallows. They will stay soft, and not stick together for a long time.

Harlean from Arkansas

8-( now y'all tell me. I just threw out 2 holiday bags full.Day late and a dollar short. I sure will remember all your tips. Thanks

Answer

Food and Recipes StorageDecember 13, 2007
Tinker Toy looking sculpture
Making Marshmallow Sculptures
Marshmallows
Substituting Marshmallows and Marshmallow Creme
Pastel swirled marshmallows in various shapes.
Making Homemade Marshmallows
Storing Marshmallows
Storing Marshmallows
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 11:24:03 PM on 10.0.0.41 in 911 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.