Tire Marks on Linoleum Floor

How do I remove black car tire marks from linoleum floor in my caravan. I left the spare tire in the caravan for a few weeks and when I removed it, it left the black rubber imprint on the lino floor. I have tried a few things but it has not changed.

By Robert from Australia

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Buff with toothpaste (regular, not gel) on a rag, or rub with a tennis ball (really).

I have found that nail polish remover will remove black marks from many different surfaces. I don't keep track of what I use it on, just use it a lot to remove black marks. Guess you don't have anything to lose by trying it, lol. Just try a really small out-of-the-way spot first to be sure it doesn't cause any damage. Good luck.

When we were getting new tires and there were black marks from soles of shoes on the floor, my husband removed them by pressing down and moving his foot in a circular twisting motion and the black marks came right off. I've used that method under my kitchen table too. You could see if that would work on the tire mark.

Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsJanuary 6, 2011
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Linoleum Floors
Repairing a Flat Tire
Repairing a Flat Tire
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 1:23:33 PM on 10.0.1.155 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.