Cleaning Urine Stains and Odors From Leather Furniture

Pets and small children can occasionally have an accident on your leather furniture. This is a guide about cleaning urine stains and odors from leather furniture.

cat on a leather couch
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

What can I use to remove the urine from the top of my lavendar leather ottoman that won't cause discoloration of the affected area?

By tootiez from Webster, TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try using plain old club soda. I have used it on alot of things and it has never discolored any of them. Just use it straight from the bottle. Hope this helps.

My cat soiled my leather pocket book. How do I clean it?

By Mandalla from VA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If you feel the purse is ruined, try washing it in the washer on the gentle cycle in warm water and Woolite or other gentle detergent. Stuff the wet purse with plastic bags, and let air dry away from heat. You can then recondition the leathwer and/or polish it. I did this with a pair of leather shoes, figuring I had nothing to lose, and it worked for me.

I have a very bad urinary incontinence problem, and have noticed a urine odor on my couch and on my car seat, (both leather) what can I use to get it out?

By Becky from Boise, ID

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

There is a product called Urine Gone, for pets, but it should work for any kind of urine.

How can I get dog urine smell out of a leather loveseat. It is saturated into the filling under the leather.

By monaosb from Montgomery, AL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

To clean your area: Blot up mess with paper towel & clean with water that has a tiny bit of vinegar in it. Next, Saturate the area with a product called "Out!" ($4.79 at Walmart) or another "Enzyme" pet cleaning product. (Pour it down into the whole area including the padding!)  Then leave the Enzyme pet cleaner on overnight then blot it up. Next you can pour Hydrogen Peroxide on the area. Peroxide cleans with oxygen. And, lastly you can use a half white vinegar & half water solution. If you use one or all of the above, your cat-pee smell will go away. My favorite number one thing to clean up any pet mess (hairballs, blood, pee & poop) is Out!, I like the light Vanilla scent it leaves behind, not like the other brands that have a strong floral scent. I sprayed a bit of the Out! on a nasty hairball mess, then left it to sit for about 45 min, then came back to finish cleaning it up & the mess was totally gone! What a surprise that was! The enzymes actually "eat" the pet's mess right up. If the mess is on the carpeting, be sure to spray enough so it soaks way down in the carpet's padding or down into upholstery stuffing!

For complete and detailed directions on how to remove all traces of pet odors and urine read my post here::

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf36405218.tip.html

Read this:

Here's a note someone sent to my private mail box last month here on ThriftyFun:

I joined thriftyfun just so that I could tell you how much I truly appreciate your cleaning solutions and instructions. I've had a problem with ferret urine around a window for years. I've cleaned it over and over using bleach even. Only to still have the room smell like urine when the sun shone on it. I also feared the sun had "baked" the urine into the carpet and floor beyond recovery. I followed your wonderful instructions beginning with water and white vinegar to using Out and covering with plastic 2x. I am so very relieved. I cannot tell you how grateful I am. After years of suffering the smell. It now smells fresh and clean even tho the sun has shone on it and heated up the room. You are a lifesaver. I can keep the carpet and the floorboards. I can not stress how relieved and grateful I am!

How do I clean my leather cushions? The cat has soiled on it and now it has urine stains and the smell is awful.

By Karen from Cape Town, South Africa

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

What can I use to get a pet urine stain off of my leather loveseat?

By Cindy from West Monroe, LA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherMarch 27, 2013
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
new leather chair
Smell from New Leather Furniture
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Man's hands cleaning a leather couch.
Leather Furniture Cleaner Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 20, 2016 at 10:04:20 AM on 10.0.1.206 in 286 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.