Cleaning Urine Stains and Odors From Leather Furniture

Category Leather
Pets and small children can occasionally have an accident on your leather furniture. This is a guide about cleaning urine stains and odors from leather furniture.

I have a very bad urinary incontinence problem, and have noticed a urine odor on my couch and on my car seat, (both leather) what can I use to get it out?

By Becky from Boise, ID

Answer Was this helpful? 1

There is a product called Urine Gone, for pets, but it should work for any kind of urine.

How do you get urine smell out of a leather sofa?

How can I get dog urine smell out of a leather loveseat. It is saturated into the filling under the leather.

By monaosb from Montgomery, AL

Answer Was this helpful? 1

To clean your area: Blot up mess with paper towel & clean with water that has a tiny bit of vinegar in it. Next, Saturate the area with a product called "Out!" ($4.79 at Walmart) or another "Enzyme" pet cleaning product. (Pour it down into the whole area including the padding!)  Then leave the Enzyme pet cleaner on overnight then blot it up. Next you can pour Hydrogen Peroxide on the area. Peroxide cleans with oxygen. And, lastly you can use a half white vinegar & half water solution. If you use one or all of the above, your cat-pee smell will go away. My favorite number one thing to clean up any pet mess (hairballs, blood, pee & poop) is Out!, I like the light Vanilla scent it leaves behind, not like the other brands that have a strong floral scent. I sprayed a bit of the Out! on a nasty hairball mess, then left it to sit for about 45 min, then came back to finish cleaning it up & the mess was totally gone! What a surprise that was! The enzymes actually "eat" the pet's mess right up. If the mess is on the carpeting, be sure to spray enough so it soaks way down in the carpet's padding or down into upholstery stuffing!

For complete and detailed directions on how to remove all traces of pet odors and urine read my post here::

http://www.thri  6405218.tip.html

Read this:

Here's a note someone sent to my private mail box last month here on ThriftyFun:

I joined thriftyfun just so that I could tell you how much I truly appreciate your cleaning solutions and instructions. I've had a problem with ferret urine around a window for years. I've cleaned it over and over using bleach even. Only to still have the room smell like urine when the sun shone on it. I also feared the sun had "baked" the urine into the carpet and floor beyond recovery. I followed your wonderful instructions beginning with water and white vinegar to using Out and covering with plastic 2x. I am so very relieved. I cannot tell you how grateful I am. After years of suffering the smell. It now smells fresh and clean even tho the sun has shone on it and heated up the room. You are a lifesaver. I can keep the carpet and the floorboards. I can not stress how relieved and grateful I am!

What can I use to remove the urine from the top of my lavendar leather ottoman that won't cause discoloration of the affected area?

By tootiez from Webster, TX

Try using plain old club soda. I have used it on alot of things and it has never discolored any of them. Just use it straight from the bottle. Hope this helps.

How do I remove urine stains and odor from leather furniture?

By tearsb. from CA

How do I get the smell off the leather couch without hurting the material?

By Mary E.

I have a leather love seat that my cat peed on and I can't get the smell out. The cushions are not removeable and the urine got down in the seams. Any solutions to getting rid of the smell?

By Tiffany from Caro, MI

My cat soiled my leather pocket book. How do I clean it?

By Mandalla from VA

If you feel the purse is ruined, try washing it in the washer on the gentle cycle in warm water and Woolite or other gentle detergent. Stuff the wet purse with plastic bags, and let air dry away from heat. You can then recondition the leathwer and/or polish it. I did this with a pair of leather shoes, figuring I had nothing to lose, and it worked for me.

Will Urine Gone remove urine stains from leather car seats that were stained 2 weeks ago?

By Ron

How do I clean my leather cushions? The cat has soiled on it and now it has urine stains and the smell is awful.

By Karen from Cape Town, South Africa

What can I use to get a pet urine stain off of my leather loveseat?

By Cindy from West Monroe, LA