Cleaning Urine Stains and Odors From Leather Furniture

Pets and small children can occasionally have an accident on your leather furniture. This is a guide about cleaning urine stains and odors from leather furniture.

cat on a leather couch
Filter Sort

Question: Removing Dog Urine from Leather Furniture

What can I use to remove the urine from the top of my lavendar leather ottoman that won't cause discoloration of the affected area?

By tootiez from Webster, TX

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Janette 91 153 Flag

Try using plain old club soda. I have used it on alot of things and it has never discolored any of them. Just use it straight from the bottle. Hope this helps.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cleaning Cat Urine Out of Leather

By Mandalla 1

My cat soiled my leather pocket book. How do I clean it?

By Mandalla from VA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By jean leiner 15 411 Flag

If you feel the purse is ruined, try washing it in the washer on the gentle cycle in warm water and Woolite or other gentle detergent. Stuff the wet purse with plastic bags, and let air dry away from heat. You can then recondition the leathwer and/or polish it. I did this with a pair of leather shoes, figuring I had nothing to lose, and it worked for me.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Urine on Leather Couch

By becky 1

I have a very bad urinary incontinence problem, and have noticed a urine odor on my couch and on my car seat, (both leather) what can I use to get it out?

By Becky from Boise, ID

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By merlene smith 4 311 Flag

There is a product called Urine Gone, for pets, but it should work for any kind of urine.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Dog Urine Smell from Leather Loveseat

By mona 1 1

How can I get dog urine smell out of a leather loveseat. It is saturated into the filling under the leather.

By monaosb from Montgomery, AL

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Cyinda 214 1,287 Flag

To clean your area: Blot up mess with paper towel & clean with water that has a tiny bit of vinegar in it. Next, Saturate the area with a product called "Out!" ($4.79 at Walmart) or another "Enzyme" pet cleaning product. (Pour it down into the whole area including the padding!)  Then leave the Enzyme pet cleaner on overnight then blot it up. Next you can pour Hydrogen Peroxide on the area. Peroxide cleans with oxygen. And, lastly you can use a half white vinegar & half water solution. If you use one or all of the above, your cat-pee smell will go away. My favorite number one thing to clean up any pet mess (hairballs, blood, pee & poop) is Out!, I like the light Vanilla scent it leaves behind, not like the other brands that have a strong floral scent. I sprayed a bit of the Out! on a nasty hairball mess, then left it to sit for about 45 min, then came back to finish cleaning it up & the mess was totally gone! What a surprise that was! The enzymes actually "eat" the pet's mess right up. If the mess is on the carpeting, be sure to spray enough so it soaks way down in the carpet's padding or down into upholstery stuffing!

For complete and detailed directions on how to remove all traces of pet odors and urine read my post here::

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf36405218.tip.html

Read this:

Here's a note someone sent to my private mail box last month here on ThriftyFun:

I joined thriftyfun just so that I could tell you how much I truly appreciate your cleaning solutions and instructions. I've had a problem with ferret urine around a window for years. I've cleaned it over and over using bleach even. Only to still have the room smell like urine when the sun shone on it. I also feared the sun had "baked" the urine into the carpet and floor beyond recovery. I followed your wonderful instructions beginning with water and white vinegar to using Out and covering with plastic 2x. I am so very relieved. I cannot tell you how grateful I am. After years of suffering the smell. It now smells fresh and clean even tho the sun has shone on it and heated up the room. You are a lifesaver. I can keep the carpet and the floorboards. I can not stress how relieved and grateful I am!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Urine Stains and Odor from Leather Furniture

How do I remove urine stains and odor from leather furniture?

By tearsb. from CA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Pet Urine Odor from Leather Couch

How do I get the smell off the leather couch without hurting the material?

By Mary E.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Pet Urine Smell From Leather Love Seat

By Tiffany R. 1

I have a leather love seat that my cat peed on and I can't get the smell out. The cushions are not removeable and the urine got down in the seams. Any solutions to getting rid of the smell?

By Tiffany from Caro, MI

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing Urine Stains from Leather Car Seats

Will Urine Gone remove urine stains from leather car seats that were stained 2 weeks ago?

By Ron

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Cat Urine on Leather Furniture

By Karen 1

How do I clean my leather cushions? The cat has soiled on it and now it has urine stains and the smell is awful.

By Karen from Cape Town, South Africa

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Dog Urine Stain on a Leather Couch

By CINDY 1

What can I use to get a pet urine stain off of my leather loveseat?

By Cindy from West Monroe, LA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherMarch 27, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Dog on Laminate Flooring
Removing Pet Urine Stains and Odors from Laminate Flooring
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
new leather chair
Smell from New Leather Furniture
Man's hands cleaning a leather couch.
Leather Furniture Cleaner Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 11:03:48 AM on 10.0.0.234 in 918 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings