Banana Pepper Recipes

I had some banana peppers given to me. What do I do with them? How are they prepared, cooked?

By Linda from Bloomington, IL

They are great on pizza!

We put them on sandwiches. They are extra good on fish sandwiches with dill pickle slices and mayo.

Fry them up with mild sausage an some onions or if you like very hot use hot sausage My son In law cannot get enough of this! Don't forget to remove the seeds and use gloves!

August 24, 2011 Flag

I am looking for things to make with hot banana peppers, eg. stuffed, how to freeze, how to pickle, etc.

By NannyG

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

To freeze just wash them, pat dry really well with a towel and place whole in a freezer bag with as much air removed as possible. You can also wash, pat dry and dice and freeze. If you dice them you may want to remove the seeds first because the seeds add extra heat.

You can use banana peppers as a substitute for any other hot pepper for recipes and, at least in my experience, they are the mildest of all the hot peppers. Here are just a couple of my Jalapeno recipes and I have used Banana Peppers in place of the Jalapenos for both of them:

Deep Fried Jalapeno Poppers

2 Quarts Vegetable Oil

2 Cups Flour

2 Cups Beer (not dark)

12 medium to large fresh Jalapeno Peppers cut lengthwise (keep stem intact), seeds removed

4 Ounces Cream Cheese

8 Ounces Shredded Cheddar Cheese

1 to 2 Cups Sour Cream

Clean Dish Towel or Paper Towels

In deep fryer or medium/large pot, heat oil to 400 degrees.

In small bowl, combine flour, beer, salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine and set aside.

In a small microwave safe bowl, combine cream cheese and cheddar cheese and place in microwave to melt. Stir accordingly during this process.

Stuff each Jalapeno Pepper with as much of the cheese mixture as possible.

Working in batches, dip Jalapeno's into batter, coating completely and fry until golden brown. About four to five minutes.

Remove from oil and place on paper towels or dish towel to drain.

Serve immediately with sour cream.

Note: The vegetable oil will keep for up to two more cooking usages if stored properly. Strain through cheesecloth if necessary.

Baked Jalapeno, Bacon and Cheese

6 large jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds and stems removed

1 oz. cream cheese, softened

6 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded

3 bacon strips, halved widthwise

Mix cream cheese and cheddar cheese in a small bowl.

Stuff each jalapeno half equally with the cheese mixture. Wrap with bacon and secure with toothpicks. Place on a large baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes or until bacon is crisp.

Food and Recipes Recipes VegetablesAugust 3, 2010
Brazilian Pepper Tree
Getting Rid of a Brazilian Pepper Tree
bowl of colorful peppers
Bell Pepper Soup Recipes
Banana Split
Making a Banana Split
Sliced banana bread on a cutting board.
Freezing Banana Bread