Bring Ads When Grocery Shopping

When grocery shopping, take the ad for the store you are using with you.

I recently bought three bags of a known brand of frozen vegetables that were on sale. When I took them out of the freezer, I noticed the sale price was not posted anywhere. When I went through check out, they rang up at regular price. I showed the clerk the ad (granted, she had copy of it too). She said I was right and they should have changed it to the sale price. Instead she gave them to me free.

So instead of spending about $2.50 total at sale price and about $8.00 at regular price, I spent $0.00 on them. If there is any doubt on the price of something, check it at the register before you leave. Saves making a trip back to the store.

By knitter926 from Bloomington, IL

When making your list from the ads, always put your prices down next to them as well.

My little grandchildren take the ad, write down the items I have circled to buy. So in addition to MY list I make, they also make their own and are in charge of what to get in the cart. Makes saying NO NO NO to begging if you say we have to stick to the list they wrote. I used this with my own children. They knew product names as toddlers and that was the first step to learning to read.

All 3 sons' first jobs were at the local grocery and the youngest stayed there all through college, he is now the manager of frozen foods and also a butcher for the meat department.

I check my sales tape before i leave the parking lot. This saves having to go back. Or if I find a mistake when I get home I call the store and give them my name and the problem. Also I mention, I might not be in till the following week, so they write down my name. Computers can make mistakes especially if the correct price is not programed. Make sure you get the right product size as many times shoppers put back what is not on sale and grab the correct item. Many store have scanners in the aisles to checkout a price.

Consumer Advice Shopping Grocery ShoppingSeptember 24, 2010
couple reading canned food label at the market
Grocery Shopping Strategies
Grocery List
Creating A Grocery List
A woman looking at her shopping list.
Organizing Your Grocery List
Discount Grocery Store
Shopping at Discount Grocery Stores