Printing Just What You Want

To print only what you want instead of all the ads and links, highlight only what you want to print. Go to File, Print and under print range, you'll see

• All
  • Page from _to_
  • Selection

Click "Selection" and OK

I use this all the time to print recipes from emails.

By Laurie from Pahrump, NV

Thanks, I wanted to learn how to do that, and it works!

Hey this is great. I would highlight, copy and paste to microsoft word and then print it. That saves a step! You don't have to open up your word processor.

This does not work with Mapquest.

Thanks for this info. I was just highlighting, doing a copy and pasting into a blank email page but this way seems even better!

Hey, I just tried this and it works like a charm!

Thanks Laurie! You're a lifesaver!

Thanks for this tip. Now I have a dumb question. How do you E-mail something like you just told us how to copy. Thanks

Hi Bill,

I do two things. I will open a new browser window. (You can do this by going to File and than click on 'New Browser Window' or 'New>Window) Start a letter in your email program (compose) leave that one open while you cut and paste what you want to send. If you just want to print from a page without sending to anyone you don't need to do anything but turn your printer on. If you want to save something like part of a speech, open your word program (this should be in your programs or on your desktop) and you can copy and paste in there.

Hope this is helpful and that I answered your question.

A really great web-site to learn how to use your programs and where I get ALL my information is from

http://thundercloud.net/infoave/

Arizona,

You can print from MapQuest!

Put the arrow on the map'

right click on your mouse and click 'Save Picture As' this will put /save the map in your Picture folder. To print, open your picture folder (found in your documents), find your map, and you can do 2 things, either use the icon above the preview pane or double click on the picture in the picture colum. This will bring up another window, click on the printer icon, click selection than ok.

I just tried your hint and it worked!!! So many times I only want to print one or two feedbacks from this site instead of pages and pages. I just used your hint to print out your hint.LOL. This is going to come in so handy. Thank you. Judy (bjptl)

for mapquest, they also have a "printer-friendly" link right at the top that I always use!

Thanks for the WONDERFUL tip, Laurie! I'll use it a LOT.

computer printer
Printing Tips and Tricks
Computers PrintersAugust 24, 2006
A computer and printer.
Printing a Web Page
two people shaking hands and exchanging business cards
Saving Money on Business Cards
Printer
Trouble Printing Coupons
🎉
🎄