Printing Tips and Tricks

Category Printers
There are many times when you are trying to print something from you computer or the internet where you have difficulties getting just what you want. This is a guide about printing tips and tricks.

To print only what you want instead of all the ads and links, highlight only what you want to print. Go to File, Print and under print range, you'll see

Click "Selection" and OK

I use this all the time to print recipes from emails.

By Laurie from Pahrump, NV

I am relatively new with the computer and was wondering how do I print a letter with nothing else, but the letter printing out. I am trying to print from my E-Mail. I always get all the info at the top of screen on my letters. Thanks and God bless!

By Debra from Hampton, TN

Answers

Copy and paste the email into Microsoft Word document, and then print off a copy.

You highlight the content of the email (holding the right click of your computer mouse), and it will be highlighted in blue. Then push cntrl + p, for print or push the printer icon, and say in the print menu that pops up that you will only print the selection. That will exclude the rest of the page (ads, etc.). Then print. Hope this is clear.

My 'highlighting' is accomplished by holding down the left button of the mouse. Once highlighted, release the button and proceed normally to print. When the print menu opens up, put a check mark by 'Selection'. I generally print only the selected portion of any text; this saves wasting ink, and don't forget that you can print on both sides of the paper. I can get four financial transactions [deposit, transfers, etc.] on one piece of paper

MCM has the easiest way, although the rest are good, too. You can also set your printer to grayscale and the rest will just copy in a gray ink. But why waste paper, right?

Sometimes, you can save several emails back and forth on one page, depending on their size. You can also change the size of the font of the email you just copied and pasted, if your emails are long and you want to save paper. You again click and drag, highlighting the words. Then, go up to the size of the text and make it smaller. If your plan is to keep them in word till you might print them, you can do it each time or wait till you are ready to print and do it all at once, clicking and dragging the entire block of emails at once, minimizing the entire multi-page document at once.

When you click and drag to highlight, you can include the senders address too, if that is important.
Hope this helps
PBP

Copy the content, then paste it in a word document then print. If it is for legal purposes, you must print the whole email.

I need to know how to print the tips I am interested in instead of printing the whole newsletter.

Marilyn Spradlin

Answers

edit copy, edit paste, is the way to put the particualr message in your clipboard. Once th at is done, open wordpad or note pad, then hit edit paste. The info should appear on the notepad or wordpad document. Then you can save to the c drive or print out the info.

Just cut and paste the sections you would like to print to word pad then print from there.

Highlight what you want to save, then go to Edit, Copy, and then you can paste it to a word processing file, and then save. You don't need to print out everything if you save it, and then you can go back and look at the articles at your lesiure.