Removing Blood From Suede

By keanni 1

How do you remove blood from suede?

Keanni from Los Angeles, California

Showing: ArchivesSorted By: Relevance

Comment

Archive: Cleaning Blood Stain on a Suede Coat

I have a tan suede leather jacket, that can only be cleaned by a dry cleaner and I got navel cord blood on the sleeve and I don't know how to get it out.

Crystal from Arkansas

Answers:

Hydrogen Peroxide

Soak a cotton ball in hydrogen peroxide and dab it on the spot until it is soaked. Let dry and repeat if there is still some left. I've never had to do this more than 3 times that was when I splattered iodine on my scrubs! Don't pour the peroxide on because it tends to roll off whatever material I try to pour it on, the cotton ball or rag, sock, whatever works great. Good luck! (06/21/2004)

By Jamie Shouse

Saliva

If the blood is your blood your own saliva will get the blood out. As a quilter we are told to dab any blood with our own "spit" the enzymes in the saliva react to the blood. So maybe if you get a towel and go dabbing with your saliva you may be successful. (06/21/2004)

By Lois

Saline Solution

You can buy a small bottle of 0.9% normal saline solution at the pharmacy (should be in the area with wound dressing supplies). This should do the trick. This is a tip I learned while in nursing school. (06/21/2004)

By Nancy

Hydrogen Peroxide

Hydrogen peroxide works GREAT! (06/03/2006)

By bloody_barrels

Archive: Blood Stain on a Suede Sofa

How to remove blood stain on suede sofa? The stain was there for several months.

Lena from Hong Kong

Answers:

Hydrogen Peroxide is the solution.

I just bought a brand new suede couch and noticed some small blood stains on it. I was freaking out cause I've only had the couch for about a week. I googled this forum up and tried the hydrogen peroxide method and it came right out in seconds. (10/25/2006)

By Anthony

RE: Blood Stain on Suede

For me, the blood on the suede had only been there for 30min... so straight away i made up some saline solution, and used an old toothbrush to scrub it out and it worked fine!!!.. it dries up fine too it doesnt wreck the suede.
Goodluck (11/10/2006)

By Kara

Archive: Removing Blood From Suede

How do I remove blood from suede boots?

Heather from Bridgeport, CT

Answers:

RE: Removing Blood From Suede

My boyfriend got blood on my favorite suede coat. He cut his finger, and did not realize it. (don't ask) anyways I tried the hydrogen peroxide the following day, soaked a cotton ball, dabbed the spot and it came out immediately!
Worked wonders! Now he doesn't have to sleep on the couch! (01/26/2008)

By Kimberly

Blue Suede Couch in Carpeted  Living Room
Cleaning Suede
Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherApril 3, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Suede Couch
Cleaning Cat Urine From Suede
Cleaning Suede
black cat on microsuede chair
Removing Stains on Micro Suede Furniture
Blue Suede Shoes
Removing Mildew on Suede
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 7:52:43 AM on 10.0.1.208 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings