Scenery: Thieving Deer

My pet thieves? Notice the deer shaking the bird feeder to empty onto the ground?

By Ronda from Midland, MI

Thieving Deer

THAT'S JUST AS BAD AS THE PORKY SQUIRREL THAT CLIMBS UP TO MY BIRD FEEDER AND HANGS ON IT TO EAT!

a beautiful picture though

Ah, such beautiful animals, who need to eat, too. :-)

I have had deer drink from our birdbath which has a de-icer in it in the Wintertime.

Well . . . they are SMART. Beautiful picture.

Deer sure look beautiful and I love the picture. But you are right they are thieves. They seem to like the bark on our tree's as well as some new flowers I planted last summer. At any rate my Mother in-law had a huge sliding glass door leading out to her patio so just one step down from the house right. Well she heard this terrible noise she went to check and found herself looking into the eye's of what she said was a 12 point Buck.(What do I know do they come that big?)

At any rate I found out first through my grandson when I said to him, these flower's of mine smell awful and he said yes grandma, that is to keep the animal's away. Well, don't I feel smart now? At any rate buy Marigold's, as my husband when I told him about it said yes it's true. You can also get a block of salt at hardware stores & Wal Mart, they use them in water softners. Maybe if you have one( about $6.00 they love the salt lick's).

They will leave the bird food alone.Try to put it in back as far as you can.Those thieving deer also like to lay next to the house when they are cold and I keep praying my kitchen window stays in one piece every winter. They make so much noise getting down and up bumping into the house and my one window in the kitchen is rather large.

They are not quite as bad as the fox who killed all the duck's and traumatized our neighbor's chicken ( 1 of them) into not laying eggs at all forever( she died much later and never laid anymore eggs after the fox incident).

They are sneaky though. The chicken must have given him a piece of her mined because she was still alive after the fight and we are not exactly sure what happened to the fox's back leg. He is no longer with us either. However there is now talk of a brown bear. Life is different in the country I have to tell you. But I just had to tell you about the deer and had to throw the one about the fox in.Good Luck with those thieving deer. Try both things, they should work for you! dar

Photos WildlifeMarch 18, 2008
Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit Repellent
Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit Repellent Review
yellow fly or deer fly
Getting Rid of Deer Flies (Yellow Flies)
Fawn (Baby Deer) standing in the grass.
Fawn (Baby Deer) Information and Photos
Keeping Deer Out of Your Garden, Doe in Suburban Garden
Keeping Deer Out of Your Garden
🎉
🎄