How Often Should I Clean My Carpets?

I have moved in to a town home with new carpet and I have a little dog and 2 kids. I am wondering how often is it safe to clean my carpets? I own my own machine.

Sandra from West Texas

Answers

i would think it would depend on what you are cleaning with. if you use all natural products like water and vinegar or water and baking soda or borateem i'd think you could do it as often as you like. if you are using the detergents made for steam cleaning machines it kind of leaves a film of soap on the carpet (which attracts dirt so you need to shampoo sooner)

i've had good luck just taking a damp mop to the carpet in between shampoos.

i think it would also depend on how often you vacuum and how often the kids spill etc. good luck

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetSeptember 17, 2006
Someone using a carpet cleaner.
Using A Steam Carpet Cleaner
Upclose photo of beige carpet.
Cleaning Carpets Without a Vacuum
Man Steam Cleaning a Carpet
Saving Money on Carpet Cleaning
Medical Insurance Documents
How Long Should You Save Medical Insurance Documents?
🎉
🎄