Cleaning Ring Out of Toilet

I have an emergency. We have relatives coming soon. I need to clean a 19 year old ring out of the toilet now. I have used Comet, but it is doing nothing.

By mysterykid

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I commented on this before. It is archived below. I had a ring in one of our toilets, and I used a pumice stone on it. Wet the pumice stone, and rub it on the ring. Keep it wet, and it won't scratch. It worked for my mom, too.

It is not recommended to use Comet or any cleanser with grit or pumice on china toilet bowls/sinks because the grit will scratch/ruin the surface and they will then stain more easier. A easy method to remove iron or other discoloration stains, is to dip all the water out of bowl, take toilet paper and lay around the stain and soak/spray the toilet paper with vinegar, let sit, if the stain persists, use baking soda as a scrub and a plastic scrubby. From a plumbers daughter. Same method works for counter tops, use baking soda and vinegar mix to remove mustard stains etc. Vinegar and baking soda are your best stain removers and cheap too.

When all else fails or if you are in a hurry, find a Watkins dealer near you and get their toilet bowl cleaner. Most will sell you a bottle or two without having to join up and pay their membership fee. Watkins toilet bowl cleaner is almost pure hydrochloric acid and simply smokes or vaporizes anything and everything except the porcellain. It is safe for organic septic tanks.

It works best on dry porcellain. Just squirt it on, go away for five minutes, come back, flush and maybe lightly scrub with a soft toilet brush.

Have FUN!

DearWebby

http://webby.com/humor

1* Be safe and wear a mask and use rubber gloves if you use the Watkins hydrochloric acid.

2* The pumice stone idea has worked for me without any cleaning chemicals just as it did for Mrs.Story.

3* If all else fails simply make sure the rest of the toilet and bathroom are sparkling clean and then I doubt anyone will think anything about a simple toilet ring in the bowl ;-)

Max Coverage Lysol Toilet Bowl cleaner in a blue bottle and cap contains hydrochloric acid and it cleans our toilet bowls and that's all I'll ever buy now.

Have you tried "Magic Eraser"? It works on just about everything.

In the spring of 2006 DH had colon cancer surgery. He had other complications which necessitated his spending several days in in intensive care and a total of 19 days in the hospital. I stayed with him and when we came home, him with a huge incision) my bathrooms were disgusting. I didn't want to use anything smelly for fear of making him cough. I used liquid dish detergent, Joy I think, and my 30 year old potties came out looking like fine china. We have since replaced the toilets and I still use dish soap to clean them.

DH is fine now. He had a rejoin in 6 months and is just a few months away from his 5 year mark.

CLR... You will be amazed!

Buy a box of false teeth cleansing tablets, drop the entire contents in the toilet bowl before going to bed, put down the lid, the next morning scrub with a toilet bowl brush. This worked great for me when we had rental properties and you would-not-believe the toilet bowls when people moved out.

The toilet cleaner " The Works " has removed stains from my toilets better than anything else I have tried.

That stuff is amazing. I think Walmart carries it or the Dollar store.

FYI - both muriatic acid and spirit of salts are old names for hydrochloric acid. If this works so well, I would assume that the ring is hard water deposits and the vinegar solution would be the thing to try first. I'm going to go try it now!

Answer

Photo of a woman cleaning a toilet.
Preventing and Cleaning Toilet Rings
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomDecember 17, 2010
Toilet
Preventing Mineral Deposits in a Toilet
comtemperary wedding ring
Buying a Wedding Ring
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 23, 2016 at 5:06:39 PM on 10.0.2.212 in 728 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.