Use Tampon To Fix Painting Mistakes

When painting a room, if you find the touch up tedious, use a tampon. This is how it works. Push a small portion from the applicator. Dip just the tip in the paint. Remove the drip. Blot on the mistake whereas your paint touched the ceiling or vise versa.

If you are having a problem painting the trim, dip the tampon into your trim paint, remove the drip and hold it as if using a crayon. You will be able to paint the portion of your trim instead of your wall.

Be careful not to get too close to your ceiling. You can use an eyeshadow applicator. You can also use the applicator in the corners and any tiny areas whereas nothing else will do the job.

If you need to touch up areas using more than one color, just cut off the used portion of the tampon and you are ready to go on to the next color.

You'll have a clean paint job. It took less time than with a brush, a few choice words and a lot of frustration.

By Faye from Augusta, WV

However did you think of that? Novel!

I would think this would be only a 'woman' fix...I can't imagine my teenage son using a tampon to fix anything! ;o) Of course, he hasn't picked up a paintbrush yet, either.

I've tried a Q-tip, also works well.

Great 'thinking outside of the box' idea but I must say that at the price of tampons these days I'll stick with the tried and true dollar store q-tips ;-)

That is a great idea. Any more ideas for using old tampons not needed anymore, other than donating them?

Painting Tips and Tricks
Painting Tips and Tricks
Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingApril 24, 2009
Blue Glitter Glue
Removing Glitter Glue from Clothes
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
Looking at a grocery receipt.
Dealing With Mistakes at the Cash Register