Painting and Staining Tips

I'm certainly not an expert when it comes to painting, but I have learned a few tricks that have been a help to me.

• When painting, use a nail to punch holes in the inner ring of the paint can when you first open it. Any paint that gets in that groove will drain through the holes and back into the paint can.

• I also save little boxes with solid bottoms to use when painting. With the paint in the box, it's easy to slide the paint around. It also helps to catch spills when I get in a hurry.

• When I take a break, I put the brush in a freezer bag to keep it from drying out. I'll bet a cereal bag would work good for this as well. Thanks to Thriftyfun, I have started saving cereal bags.

Without having to clean it, wrap the brush in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer bag and keep it in the refrigerator. It will keep it from drying out and you can use it again within a few days.

• Painter's tape is also a great product to use.

We will be painting soon. I really like the idea about using cereal bags. They are nice and sturdy and free!

Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingJune 20, 2019
😎
🌻
📓
🐛