Fixing Mistakes on Counted Cross Stitch Projects

Category Cross Stitch
This is a guide about fixing mistakes on counted cross stitch projects. For small errors, you might be able to ignore the mistake and keep going. However, larger mistakes may need to be removed and started over.

If you mess up stitches on counted cross stitch, how can I fix them?

Therese from IN

Answers

Best Answer

Depends on the mistake. If your close to it, going in reverse until you get to it works. If your far away from it, snip out the mistake and stitch in an appropriate color. Make sure to just snip the front of the design, pull the cut threads thru the back and cross over them with the new color. To hold them better. Or you can disguise it as something else. Make a black spot on a flower? poof now it's a bee.

Best Answer

I make mistakes all the time. If it is nothing to serious, just skip it. One thing I do is usually make the outline of the section that I am going to stich. this way I only need to count this area one time. I then go back and "fill" in the outline then do the crosses.

Make sense? it works on even small areas. Since I've been doing this, I don;t nearly as many mistakes as I used to.

Another thing, when you do have to snip out some parts and you have all the little edges, use a dap of clear nail polish on the BACK. this will hold the thread to other thread and you don't have to worry that it will unravel. HTH

By Jenny (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Most of the time I undo the stitches, if it is a small area. Otherwise, just let it be. I usually do a small area, and am obsessive about counting the squares. I use a highlighter on the cross-stitch pattern and that helps quite a bit, especially when working with many colors that are very similar to each other

Best Answer

I use a seam ripper.