Pack a Thermos for Family Outings

Take a thermos with you on family outings to avoid eating in expensive restaurants. You can fill them with hot dogs, sloppy Joe, BBQ beef, tuna salad, etc. You can serve it on fancy rolls or pita bread when you're ready to eat.

When everyone is ready to eat, pull over at the nearest park and have a nice picnic. You'll save a lot of money and have a nice family meal that you will remember more than eating at a restaurant. Eating outside makes it fun, and taste better.

By Kim from KS

I used to do this on all our trips when my kids were little. Now I don't know why I quit! Sure plan on starting it up again tho! It's perfect for me now because I mostly travel alone with my dogs. Don't know why I haven't thought about doing this instead of stopping at restaurants or fast food places and eating in the car. Thank you for the reminder!

Family at the Beach
Preparing for Family Outings
Entertainment Dining OutAugust 6, 2009
Pack rat collection
Organizing Tips for a Pack Rat
Fragile Label on Cardboard Shipping Box
Shipping Breakables
Making a 6-Pack Ring Snowflake
Making a 6-Pack Ring Snowflake
Senior Citizens
Name Ideas for a Senior Citizen Group