April The Cat

I adopted this cutey from a local shelter. She had gone through 4 homes and had been mistreated in just the first year of her life. When we found each other in the shelter she was 6 pounds and in pretty rough shape. So began our journey together 5 years ago. Now she naps when she likes, is constantly with me, has lots of toys and most of all has this human who loves her very much.

The day I took this picture of April she'd just awakened from one of her many cat naps and I was telling her how special she is to me. She looked up, so attentive it seemed, to my words and started to purr. Fortunately for once I had the camera in the drawer right beside me. The result is the picture I have chosen to share. She is a wonderful testament to how love brings about wholeness and life, for both of us. I'm so Blessed and thankful we found each other at that shelter on that day.

By Kathy

So glad you found each other!

Look at this kitty's eyes. You can see the love April has for you Kathy. Just another one of "those miracles" when we find one another. It happens too often to be just a coincidental occurance. So often, it's "love at first sight" and it seems to be just as strong and lasting as for two humans. I choose to believe in this.

Thank you for sharing April and your story with us.

April has the look of love on her face. You are both so lucky you found each other.

How great that April has such a loving home! She is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Such a beautiful cat!

August 31, 2010 Flag

April The Cat

April is 11 years old. She is a a beautiful mix. She likes to eat and walk around with her brother - the real dog.

By Laurie from Mont Tremblant, Quebec

April The Cat

Beautiful cat! (02/23/2010)

By susanmercurio1

Photos Pets CatsAugust 31, 2010
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
Cat Meowing
Preventing A Cat From Meowing
Girl with her has face painted like a black cat.
Making a Cat Costume